The Capacity Building Committee of the DAISY Forum of India is striving to maintain a collection of tutorials, how-to guides, samples, manuals and videos which are useful for self learning, awareness creation and conducting training programs.
In this context the DAISYpedia created by the DAISY Consortium is an important resource. DAISYpedia is an information resource designed to assist in and support the implementation of the DAISY Standards worldwide. It is also an online how-to guide offering articles, step-by-step instructions and training materials on creating publications in DAISY format.
DAISYpedia covers a wide variety of topics including the navigable and accessible DAISY reading experience. Content in this information resource is created and added by DAISY experts and by the DAISY Community.
Given below are links to main sections of DAISYpedia
- Introduction to DAISY
- Collection of reference articles and white papers
- Reading the DAISY Way
- Descriptions of applications and playback devices, how-to guides
- Publishing the DAISY Way
- Learning materials, tutorials and examples of best practices
- Miscellaneous: Accessibility, Digital Publishing, Emerging Technologies
- Articles on other digital publishing and universal design topics
In addition to the above, DFI Capacity Building Committee will keep posting useful content to this page.